Centros Manager Windows 8 & 10 Install directionsFollow
Centros Manager (download Link)
Windows 8 or Windows 10
When you get an USB error when launching Centros Manager the first time, it will be necessary to update the device driver from the one that windows is selecting to the one that is included with the software.
With Win 8 and Win 10 there is an added step to this procedure. These versions of windows have “Device Driver Signing”. To get the driver properly installed and Centros Manager to work properly you will need to do the following.
Step 1 (only required the first time, once it is installed it does not need to be done again)
Disable Windows Digital signing
(Note: you will need admin rights on the computer to complete both steps shown here)
- Select the “Start” button.
- Type “startup”.
- Select “Change advanced startup options “.
- Select “Restart now” under the “Advanced startup” area.
- Select “Troubleshoot“.
- Select “Advanced Options“.
- Select “Startup Settings“.
- Select “Restart“.
- A menu will appear where you can press “F7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.
- Now Device Driver Signing should be disabled, allowing you to install any driver you like in Windows 10 until you reboot.
Updating the driver
- Open Device Manager
- Attach the Locator/transmitter using the USB Cable
- Watch the Device manager when you power on on the locator/transmitter to see where the new device comes in to the list when it refreshes. (Note: it will likely have the yellow warning flag) Note: If you have already attempted to update the device driver it will come up under Radiodetection. If you have not It will likely come up under other devices and have the yellow flag.
- “Right click that device”
- Select “Update Driver software”
- Select “Browse my computer”
- Select “Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer”
- Select the “USB_atml_6124 driver and select next.
If a security warning comes up select to continue anyways!
You will now need to restart the computer for this to take effect!