Running RD Manager Online for the first timeFollow
This section introduces how to start RD Manager Online and describes its main screen and various features.
RD Manager Online screen
Starting RD Manager Online
To start RD Manager Online :
- Use the software icon on your desktop
- Go to the RD Manager Online folder in your programs section and select the RD Manager Online link. The RD Manager Online screen is divided into a main program area (organized into different Screen tabs) and a Message Pad area.
- The RD Manager Online screen will appear,
The number of Screen tabs depends if you are signed in or not. These are:
- Setup Allows users to setup and customize connected locators.
- Usage Logging Allows users with a RD8200G locator, to retrieve and manage their usage data to CSV.
- Software Update* Allows users to upgrade their locator’s software.
- Calibration* Allows users to retrieve the locator’s factory calibration certificate; also offers eCert functionality to perform a remote calibration validation and extend the calibration certificate for another year.
- Account* Allows users to manage their RD Manager Online account, registering their products for extended warranties and send technical queries or service requests.
*Only available if connected to the internet and signed in.
At the top of the RD Manager Online screen there is the Toolbar giving access to programs menus and commands.
At the bottom of the screen there is the Status Bar.
The Status Bar, is common to all the RD Manager Online screens. It displays the following properties:
- Internet Connection Status.
- USB Connection Status.
- Serial Number of connected unit.
The Message Pad, is common to all the RD Manager Online screens, and displays the system messages.
The system messages are categorized as either;
- You can customize the color of the system messages.
Message Pad Commands
Clear the contents of the Message Pad.
Copy the entire contents of the Message Pad to the system clipboard.