Updating your locator softwareFollow
This section describes how to update your locator software.
Once signed into your account you can use RD Manager Online to update your locator to the latest software.
Radiodetection recommends keeping your locators up-to-date with the latest software.
Software upgrades offer enhanced performance and are free to download.
Updating your locator's software
Before performing a software update to your locator please ensure you have the latest version installed on your PC. To check follow the Check for update section in the tools menu
To perform a software update of your locator:
- Ensure you have stopped all other running programs
- Connect the locator using the USB Type C lead. If you have a Li-Ion battery pack leave this connected
- Turn On the locator
- Select the Software Update tab. The software update screen will show your locator current software and the one available on your PC.
- If your locator software requires a software update the Write button will be active. Press this button to start the software update. A pop up message will show the time elapsed during the update process.
Locators with software version 1004 (1.4.10 in RD Manager Online) or higher will provide the software update progress in %
NOTE: The software update process will take around 5 minutes.
Once the software update is complete RD Manager Online will provide a new pop up window with a success message. Press OK to close this.
NOTE: If you do not close the success message pop up, the pop up of step 8 will continue running.
The locator will show the DONE message
Warning: Do not turn off the locator or disconnect the USB cable while the upgrade process is in progress. Wait for the DONE message to appear on the locator screen before progressing to the next step. If the cable is disconnected before the process is completed this may corrupt the software and the locator will fail to power up. If this happens follow the How to recover a locator with corrupted software guide.
- Cycle the power on your locator and the screen will show the updated locator software version. This will match the one available as an upgrade and the Write button will become inactive
NOTE: If you have issues with your USB connection such as failing to recognise your locator or Low Battery warnings please follow the USB Troubleshooting guide