RD8100 - System OverviewFollow Anthony Caplin
Updated : Created :
Locator keypad function
10. Power key : Switches the unit on and off. Opens the locator menu
11. Frequency key : Selects frequency. Closes sub-menu.
12. Up and down arrows : Adjusts the locator signal gain. Scrolls through the menu options.
13. Antenna key : toggles Peak, Peak+, Null, Broad Peak and Guidance modes. Opens a sub-menu.
14. Survey key : Saves survey measurements
15. Transmitter key : Sends iLOC commands to Bluetooth transmitters.
|RD8100 Locator keypad|
Locator screen icons
16. Indicates the signal strength and Peak marker.
17. Signal strength: Numerical indication of signal strength.
18. Null / Proportional Guidance arrows: Indicates the location of the line relative to the locator.
19. Battery icon: Indicates the battery level
20. Gain and Log number: Displays the log number momentarily after a survey measurement is saved to memory.
21. Volume icon: Displays the volume level
22. Current direction arrows.
23. Radio Mode: Indicates when Radio Mode is active.
24. Power Mode: Indicates when Power Mode is active.
25. Accessory indicator: Indicates when an accessory is connected.
26. CD Mode icon: Indicates when Current Direction Mode is active.
27. A-Frame icon: Indicates when the A-Frame is connected.
28. Operating mode indicator.
29. Bluetooth icon: Indicates status of Bluetooth connection. Flashing icon means pairing is in progress. Solid icon indicates an established connection is active.
30. Antenna mode icon: Indicates antenna selection: Peak, Null, Peak+ and Guidance Mode.
31. Sonde icon: Indicates that the signal source is from a sonde.
32. Line icon: Indicates that the signal source is from a line.
33. Compass indicator: Shows the direction of the located cable relative to the locator.
34. Tx status (with Bluetooth Tx models): Transmitter communication status - confirms successful iLOC /communication.
35. Tx standby (with Bluetooth Tx models): Indicates that the transmitter is in Standby Mode.
36. Current/Depth indicator
37. GPS Status icon (GPS models only): One bar indicates that GPS is active. 3 bars indicates that the GPS has locked to the GPS satellite system.
38. GPS Signal quality icon (GPS models only): Indicates the quality of the signal being received.
|RD8100 Locator Screen icons|