RD8000 System OverviewFollow
RD8000 Universal Precision Cable, Pipe and RF Marker locator
10. Power key : Switches the unit on and off. Opens the locator menu.
11. Frequency key: Selects frequency. Closes submenu.
12. Up and down arrows : Adjusts the signal gain. Scrolls through the menu options.
13. Antenna key : With antenna folded up, toggles peak, combined peak/null and null single antenna and guidance modes. With antenna folded down, toggles marker and combined (marker/line) modes. Opens a submenu.
14. Graph key : Send Survey measurements.
15. Transmitter key : Sends iLOC commands to Bluetooth transmitters.
Locator screen icons
16. Indicates the signal strength and peak marker.
17. Signal strength: Numerical indication of signal strength.
18. Peak / Proportional arrows: Indicates the location of the line relative to the locator.
19. Battery icon: Indicates the battery level.
20. Sensitivity and Log number: Displays the log number momentarily after a survey measurement is saved to memory.
21. Volume icon: Displays the volume level.
22. Current Direction arrows.
23. Radio Mode: Indicates when Radio Mode is active.
24. Power Mode: Indicates when Power Mode is active.
25. Accessory indicator: Indicates when an accessory is connected.
26. CD Mode icon: Indicates when Current Direction Mode is active.
27. A-Frame icon: Indicates when the A-Frame is connected.
28. Operating mode indicator.
29. Bluetooth icon: Indicates status of Bluetooth connection. Flashing icon means pairing is in progress. Solid icon indicates an established connection is active.
30. Antenna mode icon: Indicates antenna selection: Peak, Null and combined Peak/Null and Guidance Mode.
31. Sonde icon: Indicates that the signal source is from a sonde.
32.Line icon: Indicates that the signal source is from a line.
33. Compass/Marker mode indicator: Shows the direction of the located cable relative to the locator. Also used as a graphical indication for Marker mode active.
34. Tx status (with Bluetooth Tx models): Displays transmitter connection status.
35. Tx standby (with Bluetooth Tx models): Indicates that the transmitter is in Standby Mode.
36. Current / depth indicator.
37. GPS Status icon (GPS models only): One bar indicates that GPS is active. 3 bars indicates that the GPS has locked to the GPS satellite system.
38. GPS Signal quality icon (GPS models only): Indicates the quality of the signal being received.