Introduction to RD ManagerFollow
About RD Manager
RD Manager is a Radiodetection program for Microsoft® Windows® and is compatible with all models of the RD7100 and RD8100 Precision locators, and all models of the RD7000 and RD8000 Marker locator range.
Once installed onto your PC or laptop, RD Manager can be used to:
- Register your products to extend your locator or transmitter warranty to a total of 3 years.
- Update the software of your locators.*
- Update the locator’s configuration settings.
- Setup custom frequencies. **
- Enable or Disable StrikeAlert.
- Perform an eCert™ calibration and print a Radiodetection Calibration Certificate.
- Retrieve the latest factory calibration data to print a copy of the latest Radiodetection
- Calibration Certificate.
- Contact the Radiodetection Customer Support department.
- Book a Service Request.
- Retrieve logged usage & survey data.**
- Export KML survey data for interface to GIS/Mapping systems.**
- Adjust the locator’s date and time.**
- Set the Calibration Due date (CALSafe).**
* Requires registration and an active internet connection.
** Compatible models only.
Microsoft Windows XP or higher.
A live Internet connection is required to take advantage of some RD Manager features.
A spare USB port and a Mini-USB cable are required to connect a compatible locator to the PC.
NOTE: To ensure a reliable connection use a 1m, or shorter, USB 2.0 High Speed compliant cable from a reputable manufacturer. Such cables are generally marked or specified as 28AWG/1P + 24AWG/2C or 28AWG/1PR + 24AWG/2C.
PC administrator rights are required to install RD Manager.
To install RD Manager onto your PC, follow these steps:
- Ensure your locator is not connected to the PC.
- Visit www.radiodetection.com, to download the RD Manager: select Resources ⊳ Software Downloads ⊳ Cable and Pipe Locators, then click the icon RD Manager or Insert the RD Manager CD, use Windows Explorer, navigate to the RD Manager folder and double click the relevant setup file (64 bit) to start the installation process.
- Accept to install the RD Manager software;
4. Follow the InstallShield Wizard instructions,
Read the RD Manager’s End User License Agreement, figure 1.3. Select I agree the terms of the license agreement to continue with the installation or I do not accept the terms of the license agreement if you decide not to accept the EULA terms.
Wait for the installation of RD Manager to compete,
If your operating system is Windows Vista or later, wait for the RD Manager drivers installation process to complete,
You have completed the installation.
If you operating system is Windows XP, plug your locator into the PC using the USB cable and turn the locator ON.
NOTE: You must be connected to the internet.
When the “Found New Hardware” wizard appears , select the “No, not this time” option and click Next.
Select the “Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)” option, and click Next.
Select “Include this location in the search:” while making sure the other option is deselected.
Press Finish, when the Wizard has finished installing the drivers.
- Found New Hardware Wizard – USB Drivers 1 of 2
- Found New Hardware Wizard – USB Drivers 2 of 2