RD8200: System OverviewFollow Anthony Caplin
Updated : Created :
Locator keypad function
12. Power key : Switches the unit on and off. Opens the locator menu
13.Frequency key : Selects frequency. Closes sub-menu.
14.Up and down arrows : Adjusts the locator signal gain. Scrolls through the menu options.
15.Antenna key : toggles Peak, Peak+, Null and Guidance modes. Opens a sub-menu.
16. Survey key : Saves Survey measurements and sends them to a paired device
17. Transmitter key : Sends iLOC commands to Bluetooth transmitters
Locator screen icons
18. Indicates the signal strength and Peak marker.
19. Signal strength: Numerical indication of signal strength.
20. Null / Proportional Guidance arrows: Indicates the location of the line relative to the locator.
21. Battery icon: Indicates the battery level
22. Gain and Log number: Displays the log number momentarily after a survey measurement is saved to memory.
23. Volume icon: Displays the volume level
24. Current direction arrows.
25. Radio Mode: Indicates when Radio Mode is active.
26. Power Mode: Indicates when Power Mode is active.
27. Accessory indicator: Indicates when an accessory is connected.
28. CD Mode icon: Indicates when Current Direction Mode is active.
29. A-Frame icon: Indicates when the A-Frame is connected.
30. Operating mode indicator.
31. Bluetooth icon: Indicates status of Bluetooth connection. Flashing icon means pairing is in progress. Solid icon indicates an established connection is active.
32. Antenna mode icon: Indicates antenna selection: Peak, Null, Broad Peak, Peak+ and Guidance Mode.
33. Sonde icon: Indicates that the signal source is from a sonde.
34. Line icon: Indicates that the signal source is from a line.
35. Compass indicator: Shows the direction of the located cable relative to the locator.
36. Tx status (Tx-10B model only): Transmitter communication status - confirms successful iLOC /communication.
37. Tx standby (Tx-10B model only): Indicates that the transmitter is in Standby Mode.
38. Current/Depth indicator
39. GPS Status icon (8200G model only): One bar indicates that GPS is active. 3 bars indicates that the GPS has locked to the GPS satellite system.
40. GPS Signal quality icon (8200G model only): Indicates the quality of the signal being received.