This section explains how to use RD Manager Online to quickly set-up your locator.
The Setup screen, allows you to review and configure you locator settings.
The Setup screen is available by default and does not require to be signed on.
- Write: Applies the configuration settings to the connected locator.
- Select Model: Reset the configuration settings to the Factory Default.
- Setting: Manages and retrieved saved configuration settings.
- Refresh Unit Details: Restart/reread the connected unit by clicking on the unit's serial number in the 'Status bar'.
If you connect your locator or select a locator range and model, the Setup screen will show all the available features, frequencies and options for this specific model.
You can enable or disable all available features and frequencies by selecting or deselecting the relevant check boxes. You can also set your preferred Units, Power Frequency, Battery Type and Language.
RD8200 cable and pipe locators offer the ability to setup up to 5 custom frequencies in the range 50Hz to 1000Hz.
Custom CD frequency range is 220 to 679Hz.
CAUTION: When using custom frequencies in the range of 692Hz to 704Hz or 981Hz to 993Hz the locator sound feedback may interfere with the locator and must be turned off.
NOTE: Some frequencies, including 440Hz, may be reserved for specific applications in your country and permission from the relevant operators may be required for its use.
Contact your local Radiodetection sales office or distributor if you require help in identifying these operators.
To set up your desired custom frequencies:
- Enter or dial a valid frequency in one of the 5 available frequencies boxes.
- Indicate if this is a Sonde or a Line/CD frequency.
- Enable the frequency.
Updating configuration settings
To update the configurations settings of your locator follow these steps:
- Start the RD Manager Online program.
- Connect the locator using the USB Type C lead.
- Switch on the locator.
- Select the Setup screen.
- Customize your locator adjusting the Configurable Options.
- Press the Write button
You can use the Settings manager to create, save or edit configuration settings for all your locators.
This is useful if you prefer to customize your locators to suit specific applications or users.
To access the Setting Manager for a specific model:
- In the Menu Screen select a locator model.
- Press Setting.
- The Setting Manager window will open, showing all existing settings, if any, for the specific locator model.
- New: saves the current Setup settings.
- Open: retrieves existing settings.
- Save: update the current setting.
- Rename: renames the selected settings.
- Delete: deletes the selected settings.
- Exit: exits the setting manager.