Plotting GPS data from RD8200G in ExcelFollow
Currently the export of the GPS points into a KML file from RD Manager Online is not functional.
With the log data export from the RD8200 you can enter the GPS data and plot these points manually.
- Export date range of log data from the locator you are interrogating. This will be created in a CSV file
- Save this as an .xlsx file within Excel
- Open the xlsx file and go to the "Insert" tab
- Go to the option called "3D map"
- A window will open in 3D maps by Excel
- On the right hand side in the location box click on Add Field
- Add both location points individually from the drop down
- Identify which is Longitude and which is Latitude
- Once done these points will now be plotted on the 3D Map
This is now a case of manipulating the data to suit you as a user, below is how to display the points as a heat map
- Zoom into the GPS points by double clocking on the location the points are plotted on the map
- Select the data to be displayed as a heat map in the data section shown below:
- Next click on the Layer Options on the right hand side menu enter the drop down menu and adjust "Radius of Influence" to 0%
Now the GPS points will be displayed in a heat map.
Ensure "Map Labels" are on for road/street names to be included on the map.